The main difference of the Doorbell Cam Pro from the older version (and from other smart video doorbells) is its built-in floodlight, ensuring your security day and night, plus the ability to record before an event occurs.
The moment the doorbell detects a visitor at night, it will automatically turn on its light, illuminating your visitor at night and scaring away would-be burglars. You may not need to have your porch lights all throughout the night. This Doorbell Pro can take over.
With its Hindsight Technology, the camera also captures video before people approach your front door. Even if they don’t press your doorbell. This does away with the annoying case of capturing a video of someone walking away without knowing how they approached your door.
Here are more features of this August Home Doorbell Pro:
- See and talk with your visitors on your smartphone, even if you’re not home
- Full-color HD even at night
- Records events before motion is activated so you get the whole event
- Adjustable motion sensitivity to avoid false alarms (like if there’s a cat scratching your door)
- Replay recordings for up to 30 days
The August Doorbell is now our best ranked doorbell as well!
August Doorbell Cam Pro is available now in silver and dark gray at $199.99. August Video Recording is available for $4.99 a month or $49.99 for a one-year plan.