The porcelain throne. The John. The comfort room. The superbowl. Whatever you call it, the toilet is one of the most necessary yet oft overlooked facilities in the average home or office. It’s unfortunate then, that most toilets are decidedly average.
The Orca Helix is anything but. Rather than just stuff a bunch of “smart” or connected features into a toilet, however, Orca’s creators are improving upon the design of the modern toilet. The Orca Helix encourages healthier posture, better hygiene and improved sustainability.
What Is the Orca Helix Toilet?
The Orca Helix comes in sleek white or black variants.
The most promising feature of the Orca Helix is that it’s height-adjustable, so you can lower it to 10″ off the ground or raise it to 21″ off the ground. The higher adjustment puts it at urinal height, which is great if you don’t want to deal with the conventional toilet setup. It also includes a built-in bidet which maintains better hygiene and helps save water. You can even control the bidet with a mobile app, or buttons on the toilet if you want. In addition, a unique “Maelstrom Flush” mode uses less water than a traditional toilet to conserve resources.
Beyond that, some of the additional features included are:
- Built-in Bluetooth and WiFi wireless connectivity
- Mobile and remote controls to configure the experience before you even sit down
- Built-in speakers to offer entertainment or soothing sounds
- Natural night light that automatically activates when its dark this allows you to use the toilet at night without turning on a light thus preserving your melatonin production for enhanced sleep
- Self-sanitizing seat and UV light to clean the bowl
- LCD screen to display settings and information
- Accessibility support to aid disabled or immobile users
Now, does that sound like a badass toilet or not? The built-in bidet sounds real nice, not including all the other great features on offer. Plus, the lighting makes it look like futuristic, and something tells me it would feel great to have your bum on that seat.
Where Can I Get One?
Better hygiene, health and sustainability sure does look fantastic!
The team behind the Orca Helix has turned to IndieGoGo to help get this project funded. If all goes according to plan, the first units should ship out in December, 2019. Everyone in the European Union, U.S., Canada and Australia can currently pre-order an Orca Helix.
As far as price, this is a technologically advanced toilet we’re talking about here. Estimated retail price is about $4,100 but pre-orders are set at a delightful 50 percent off. If you want one, now’s certainly the best time to take advantage of the active deal.